The perfect pair with our Cookie Jars:
Gluten-Free Almond CookiesIngredients
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch + 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup (116g) organic cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups (240g) almond flour not almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the tapioca starch and water in a small bowl, stir to combine and allow to sit for a couple minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup organic cane sugar, tapioca starch slurry, and maple syrup. Whisk to combine. Whisk in coconut oil, followed by vanilla and almond extract.
3. Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until ingredients are completely incorporated. If needed, use your hands to thoroughly combine ingredients into a cohesive cookie dough.
4. Place remaining 1/4 cup organic cane sugar on a plate. The dough may be sticky, so dampen your hand with water or spray hands with cooking spray. Use a tablespoon to scoop out dough, then roll into a ball. Place ball on plate with sugar, roll to coat, then place on prepared baking sheet. Space cookie dough balls about an 1 1/2 inches apart. Repeat until cookie sheet is filled with even rows.
5. Using your palm, press each dough ball down about halfway.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are set on the outside. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.